About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Caroline. I'm originally from Charlotte but have been in Raleigh for a while now. Charlotte is called the Queen City, and Raleigh is called the City of Oaks. So here I am, A Crown Amongst the Oaks!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Mom Took Shots!!





March 28, 2015 will be a day for the record books. My mother took shots! They may not have been full, but she took them.  Gin. Vodka. Rum. Moonshine. She did it all. 

My mom doesn't drink. She will have a glass of wine (specifically Beringer- White Zinfandel, because she likes to keep it classy) over several hours.  She claims to have never been drunk. I'm not sure I totally buy this because when I ask her how she knows she says, "I've never thrown up or not remembered." So, I think she means she has never been blackout. Don't worry Mom, your kiddos covered that for you in college, and possibly on accident here and there.  


My brother went to Charleston a week before the race for a Bachelor party and they went to the Striped Pig Distillery.  The boys had a blast and he suggested we should go.  I like liquor, so I was ready!  We had also run 6.2 (.2 counts!) miles that morning, so we totally deserved a drink. Yes, we might have had 2 carafes of mimosas at lunch- but who is counting?

They were having a 40th birthday party that night and had the place decked out.  Please let me be cool enough to have a bounce house on my 40th. 


Rum. Moonshine. Gin. Vodka. Yum. 



My mom and one of the owners really hit if off after he found out she had never had shots before.  

Dad being a booze hound.

After the distillery, we went to a brewing company- Westbrook Brewing.  They were doing last call when we got there- on a beautiful Saturday at 5 PM, strange but whatever floats your boat.  We got 2 flights so we could try all the beers.  I'm glad we only got small pours because every single beer was DISGUSTING.  It took 4 adults playing "I take this, You take that" to finish them. BLAH.


Me and my cousin Sallie drinking margaritas at Taco Boy :) She let us stay at her house this year and I believe it will be a tradition from now on. We had so much fun with her! 

The dinner at Taco Boy was AMAZING, I don't have any food pics. Oops.  Get the Kimchi Beef taco if you go. It was so so so good.  Might be one of my favorite meals ever actually. Taco Boy's atmosphere is really cool, they have an awesome outdoor patio section and the inside is really funky.  Good drinks, good food, overall fun fun time.


In the morning we hit up Page's Okra Grill on suggestion from my boyfriend.  He goes to Charleston for work occasionally and said they have the best shrimp and grits.  Apparently Southern Living also named them #1 for Shrimp and Grits...so guess what I got?

We started off with okra...I mean, it's in the name so that was a given.

Me and Maggie. My bestie.  and  a Mimosa.
My brother got the bbq omelet. Pulled Pork, Eggs, BBQ Sauce, Fried Onion Strings. Pretty freaking good.

The shrimp and grits weren't like 'normal' shrimp and grits.  The grits were formed and fried into patties.  Interesting, and very yummy.

Another shot of the bridge as we drove over, I can't believe we ran this thing just the day before!

Obligatory Rainbow Row shot! So freaking cute.


This pink house was my favorite.  Maggie and I were creeping on it and taking pics and a man in a trench coat was walking up the street from us and I jokingly said that it was probably his house, don't worry- it was.  We met back up with my mom and brother Matt and they told us they had been chatting with this guy for 15 minutes.  My brother had on a NCSU sweatshirt and the guy had attended NCSU.  I wish they would have gotten us a tour! 



Until next time Charleston!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, what did you think?