About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Caroline. I'm originally from Charlotte but have been in Raleigh for a while now. Charlotte is called the Queen City, and Raleigh is called the City of Oaks. So here I am, A Crown Amongst the Oaks!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I ran 6.2 miles. The .2 counts.


A few months ago one of my besties, Maggie, said some of her friends always run the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston and she was going to do it this year.  She asked if I wanted to run, HA. NO WAY JOSE, I said. I HATE running. But, I do like eating and Charleston is known for great food so I said I would ride with.  I'm not sure what happened, but somewhere along the way I signed up....to run...6.2 miles. WHO AM I?


So we trained..kind of..I definitely ran more than I've ever run in my life and I ran 6 miles one time before we headed down so I knew it was possible. I wasn't aware that 1.2 miles of the race was UP UP UP UP UPPPPP, but that's another story. 

We headed down and hit the expo to get a bib for my brother, and one for me- I had paid to have my package shipped but everything MINUS the bib..the most important thing...was missing. #fail.  We got the bags and signed this cool print of the bridge. 

Matt, Caroline and Maggie!


Here we are pre-race! We were in Coral E, one of the over 60 minute groups. There are 40,000 people that run this race and it went extremely smoothly, they have a really good system!
One of the ladies in our corral had on heels, BIG BIG heels. I probably couldn't walk in those, let alone run in them.  Someone else was saying people run in heels for breast cancer awareness....it seems dangerous to me.


AND DONE!  6.2 complete.  I had thought the whole time we were running 6 miles...that .2 at the end sucked. I saw the 6 mile flags and couldn't figure out why everyone was still running.  10k = 6.2 miles, who knew?


My cousin runs every year and she somehow spotted us our of 40,000 people. Good eyes cuzzo.

Maggie and I made some shirts with freezer paper stencils. Pretty neat, I forgot to put cardboard in mine before I painted and kind of got it all over my shirt.

Here are my splits.  Don't judge. I don't see you running 6.38 miles...and if you did, just leave me alone. I'm happy. I finished.  Mile 2-3 was the uphill of the bridge, and it sucked- as you can tell from that time. 

We clean up nice :) After the race it was time to eat and drink mimosas!


Also, we're insane.  We signed up for our second 10k today! YIKES! WHO ARE WE?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, what did you think?