About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Caroline. I'm originally from Charlotte but have been in Raleigh for a while now. Charlotte is called the Queen City, and Raleigh is called the City of Oaks. So here I am, A Crown Amongst the Oaks!

Friday, June 17, 2016

#BostonOrBust: Baltimore

Day Two: Baltimore, MD

Yesterday I was ready to throw in the towel on this whole road trip idea. I wouldn't say I'm necessarily the ideal car partner. I may or may not try to be a back seat driver, make panicky noise when these crazy "northern" drivers try to change lanes where there is no room to merge, and get restless after the 2 hour mark....but at least I stay awake! The drive from Richmond to Baltimore blows, it took an extra hour due to traffic, no wrecks just stupid traffic...in the middle of the day, on a Thursday. We finally made it to Baltimore and got a beer at Heavy Seas which helped to calm my nerves.



Next stop was Inner Harbor and Federal Hill. Overlooking the harbor from Federal Hill was really cool- I took a "couple" pictures :). We went and walked around the Harbor before heading to Matt's friend Brendan's. (Note to self: next time I want to go on a Dragon pedal boat).



Brenden's place was SO cool, he had a roof top deck and I was IN LOVE. I kept asking people if they realized how cool this feature was...I think I was the most excited. 

Game Six of the Cavs vs Warriors was on, so we followed Brenden's lead and headed to a neighborhood bar called Das Bier Haus. It was loud, a little rowdy, and had HUGE beer steins.


My friend Stacy Uber'd across town to hang with me, so I was pretty pumped about that. She also gave me some tips about breakfast.



We hit up Blue Moon Too on the way out of town, Stacy told me that this was a new, larger location that was closer to Brenden's place. I ordered a Carmel latte and Captain Crunch French Toast (it was actually breaded in ground up Captain Crunch) and Matt ordered Sweet Baby Jesus (lump crab, fried eggs, cheese, hash browns, and hollandaise). Breakfast was AMAZING. The power went out after we got our food and we ended up getting breakfast for free- perfect way to round out Baltimore.







We're back on the road, off to Boston! Lord, give me patience to sit in the car al day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, what did you think?