About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Caroline. I'm originally from Charlotte but have been in Raleigh for a while now. Charlotte is called the Queen City, and Raleigh is called the City of Oaks. So here I am, A Crown Amongst the Oaks!

Monday, July 27, 2015

The Accidental Amazing Sauce!

I was making chicken parmesan for dinner last night and ran out of marinara sauce. Fail.

We had a block of Trader Joe's Pesto Gouda Cheese in the fridge that was starting to go bad and I figured I could make a sauce out of it- did a quick Google consult and went with it.  Butter in the pan, add flour, Whisk. Add milk. Whisk. Reduce heat to low and throw in diced (or shredded) cheese.  Let it get melty and pour it on your dish. 



I ate it with zuchinni noodles and Matt ate it with normal noodles.  He thinks my zoodles are weird. It was AMAZING. Definietly will be buying this cheese for the purpose of making this sauce again. YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, what did you think?