About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Caroline. I'm originally from Charlotte but have been in Raleigh for a while now. Charlotte is called the Queen City, and Raleigh is called the City of Oaks. So here I am, A Crown Amongst the Oaks!

Monday, February 16, 2015

It'll Be Fun He Said.....Krispy Kreme Challenge


"Let's run the Krispy Kreme Challenge," he said.  "It'll be fun, " he said. 

So he signed me up.  Campbell Soup Kids. 5 Points to anyone who knows what is wrong with our outfits. 

Casual 5 miles of running and shoving donuts down your throat simultaneously- doesn't this sound like your ideal Saturday? Oh, let me add that you have to wake up at 7:15 AM on a SATURDAY (okay, this wasn't actually that bad.  I think I may be kind of grown up because I wake up on the weekends in single digits now.)  Oh, let's also add that it was 17 degrees. 



I really like donuts, and I really hate running. We signed up as a 'Dynamic Duo' team- I was hoping this meant he ran the miles, and I ate the donuts. No dice. We both ran the 5 miles and ate 6 donuts each. Here we are, 2.5 down.  I'm not ready for this.


And becuase this is a really cute face....

Dirty people!  There were trashcans that they could have used. #rude.

Here we are!  All finished up!  We finished the 5 miles in 62 minutes.  Pretty good for this lady.  It's the furthest I've ever run.  And to anyone who is thinking "well didn't you take a break in the middle" kiss my rear, I didn't see you out there.  And if you were, just kiss it.



Now onto one of the best things about the race!  The costumes!!  I've got my top 3 picked out.
3rd Place: Donuts.  They weren't the cutest things, but being that my brother and I carted around a Magic School Bus one year...props to you folks running with these contractions on.


2nd Place: This cute family.  The mom and son were Storm Troopers and the Dad was Darth Vader.  Check out their handy way of taking the donuts!!

1st Place! Mr. Wuf and the Granny!  There were 3 of these girls together.   Hair in curlers and all.  I loved this, too cute.

There was also a Santa in a modified shopping cart and an elf was pushing him.  Poor Elf.  That was a LOT of work.  (Santa had to physical impairments or injuries, he was just a bum.  He said he was old and had arthritis from the cold- pretty good response). One of my mini goals was to beat him, and we did. Go team!



See ya next year KKC!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, what did you think?