About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Caroline. I'm originally from Charlotte but have been in Raleigh for a while now. Charlotte is called the Queen City, and Raleigh is called the City of Oaks. So here I am, A Crown Amongst the Oaks!

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

When Stalking Pays Off.....

y,all. Have you ever wondered if things that are 'Out of Stock' online and 'Not Sold in Stores' will actually ever be available again?  Do you hold your breath, cross your fingers, and refresh the page of said item daily?

If so, your stalking may very well pay off! Mine did...and it only took about 200 refreshes!



How pretty is this set from West Elm, but at $39 they are a little steep to buy all at once!

Last year I bought 4 sets of the West Elm gold flatware, but decided I would ask for 4 more sets as birthday of Christmas presents.  I couldn't justify spending over $300 on flatware at once, although it would bring me one step closer to my dinner party!!! (I always say I'm buying things for my dinner party and then people always ask when I am having it...well, eventually I will have a dinner party- I just need to get all of my items first!)

I started searching the web a few months ago to find a few alternatives.  Target had 2 sets that I liked a lot, but they were sold out online and not sold in stores.  So, I did what any normal person who reallllllyyyy wants something does, and saved the link as a favorite and checked it daily-- i'm not the only one to do this right?

Six months of hard work has finally paid off!! Target is shipping 4 sets of these to my door!
and they only cost $19.99 a set!  But wait, it gets better!

- I found a $5 off $50 coupon here.
- Target was running a $15 off $75 off Home (expired since purchase)
- I have a Red Card which take 5% off the total purchase.

4 sets are being shipped to me at the cool price of $60.80- that is $15.20 a set, or  $3.04 a piece!  Not too shabby compared to the $7.80 a piece of the West Elm!

I can't wait until these are here and I can mix and match both sets!  And, I'm one step closer to my dinner party!

- flatware: check

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, what did you think?